How to query the endpoint in prometheus

I only see the endpoint_update, endpoint_pod, endpoint_exist in prometheus. I am new, so how can I retrieve the specific endpoint or the endpoint that I have defined in service_profile for it

Thanks!

Hi @pikeman222,

The prometheus metrics have an rt_route parameter that you can use in your queries.

For example,. here is are the counts for the ServiceProfile routes in the web service of the emojivoto app:

route_request_total{direction="inbound",dst="web-svc.emojivoto.svc.cluster.local:80",rt_route="GET /api/list"} 78
route_request_total{direction="inbound",dst="web-svc.emojivoto.svc.cluster.local:80",rt_route="GET /api/vote"} 0
route_request_total{direction="inbound",dst="web-svc.emojivoto.svc.cluster.local:8080"} 0
route_request_total{direction="inbound",dst="web-svc.emojivoto.svc.cluster.local:8080",rt_route="GET /api/list"} 76
route_request_total{direction="inbound",dst="web-svc.emojivoto.svc.cluster.local:8080",rt_route="GET /api/vote"} 76

Does that answer your question?

1 Like

thank you, let me try

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.